Jesus Essay, Research Paper
1. Paschal Mystery is the belief that there is life after death. Jesus died for us on the cross. It was sad, but it brought about great things in our lives. Because of him we can all be forgiven for our sins. Christian?s can participate in the celebration of the paschal mystery, by celebrating Easter and Lent. When we give up something at lent, we can move on to more important things. Sometimes we pay to much attention to the things that do not mean anything. The paschal mystery is like saying that once you let something go you can move on or get life from that thing you gave up.
2. A single individual act of sin can cause other bad things. When people do bad things, for example when a husband has an affair, it causes a lot of other things to happen. This could make the marriage break up and split the family apart. This would cause a lot of tension in the family. If one person thinks that their actions do not have any other consequences then they are wrong. Another example is domestic violence. When a person is abused they are more likely to lash out and hurt the person who abused them. One act of violence can cause a series of violent or sinful actions.
3. An organization that I volunteered for was the Catch a Rainbow Foundation. My view of the organization was that it was very well organized. Everyone worked with each other to make everyone happy. I like this organization a lot. Everyone who works at it is very friendly and welcoming of your help. If I have a good attitude about the organization then I can tell people around me about it and they will look at it positively. The Organization I worked for was with adults who were either physically or mentally disabled in some way. One of my friends who was with me thought that the organization was pointless and didn?t do anything. She thought that it was dumb. When I told her that it really does help the special people out when you work with them and get to know them for who they are she started to agree with me. Certain people do participate more than others do. The lady who ran the organization did most of the organizing and putting together agendas for us to do with the people. She had most of the ideas. When it was snack time for everyone she would ask the people what they wanted and she didn?t just decide for them. When it was clean up time she did that work also. She would go around and talk with everyone the same as everyone else did. We all worked together. The organization does respect the dignity of all people. No one is excluded from decision making or doing little things. When the activity says to color pictures for the day, the people don?t have to color if they do not want to. This respects their dignity because they are looked at as decision-makers and have say in what happens.
4. Someone in my life who exemplifies power-with is my friend Annie. When we are in a fight she doesn?t yell at me or try to over power me. We talk about things together and both of us are included in decision making. She empowers others who she comes in contact with by, when she treats others with respect and dignity then they will in return treat her and other people in their lives with the same respect she gave them. She sets examples for people around her to work together and get things done together.
5. An individual person can make others look bad around them also. During World War II Hitler was an individual who did a lot of bad things like killing people. Years later, when some people hear about a German person they will automatically think that because Hitler was German that all German people that are like him. People make assumptions about others just because they have a generalized idea about them in their heads. Just because one person does something it doesn?t mean that everyone who in some distant way has something in common with him is also bad. If you are associated with a bad group of kids at school you will also be looked at as bad. It isn?t usually true when people make these assumptions.
6. A simple lifestyle would be good for everyone. You wouldn?t have to worry about pointless things. One could lessen their wants and pay more attention to their needs like love and life. One could make little things mean more in their life again if they took out some of the wants.
The difficulties involved in choosing a simple lifestyle include, giving up a lot of things that you may be used to already having even though you don?t really ?need? them. It would be a lot more hard work. You wouldn?t have everything you ever wanted right there with you like little luxuries that we all have these days. One thing I know would be hard would be they way our society works, it makes choosing a simple lifestyle almost impossible. If you want to have a simple lifestyle it may mean that you have to give up your car. If one doesn?t have a car then they won?t be able to get a job that they could be relied on for. This is an example of why choosing a simple lifestyle could be hard to choose. A want in my life is a lot f clothes. I do not need a different color of everything. I want it. A need to me is like oxygen and food. You need these things to survive in life. Otherwise you will die. It is hard to distinguish between wants and needs in the world today because when you have everything you start to think that it is something you need to survive. Two wants in my life are clothes and more food then I actually need. I eat a lot of things that maybe could go to someone else who really needs them. Two needs in my life are oxygen and enough food to stay healthy and have good nutrition; I do not need all the snacks.
7. A violent situation that occurred last year was the Columbine shootings. Things that I could do to stop this from occurring again; would be to make laws change so that you cannot get a gun so easily. You could educate people around you that it is not ok to do violent things to others even if they did do something to you. I think metal detectors should be out into every school. There should be help for kids who do not fit in and hate themselves because this would resolve the conflict by looking it straight in the face.