Marketing Plan Essay, Research Paper
5. Market-Product Focus
This section explains the seven-year marketing and product objectives for the town of Berks, Pennsylvania and the target markets and points of difference.
Marketing and Product Objectives
Berks’ marketing intent is to take full advantage of its growth potential. This will be accomplished by building stronger relationships with sources both within and outside of the community. These are detailed in the four areas below:
· Current Markets. Current markets will be expanded by promoting the goods and services offered by local merchants in an attempt to create a new level of awareness. The residents of Berks need to be reassured that they are raising their families in an environment that offers a high quality of life and standard of living. By combining the reassurance of the residents with a hightened interest in community supported business, both area can thrive.
· New Market. By the end of the seven-year projected plan, new residents will be settling in Berks bringing with them buying power to support local business. A prospect of raising new family residence by .2% per year over the next ten years and local business by 2% per year in the same amount of time.
· New Products. The town of Berks will promote new businesses to locate here as well as encouraging growth of existing businesses. By promoting new businesses to settle here Berks will raise the level of commerce by Berks residents as well as individuals who travel here to buy these goods and services.
The primary target market for the town of Berks is families who desire a safe, hometown environment in which to raise families. There is also the interest of bringing new businesses into the area.
Points of Interest
The “points of difference”-characteristics that make Berks different compared to other communities-may be divided into three important areas:
· Small hometown feeling
· Safe place to raise a family/crime rates
· Location to Harrisburg, Hershey, Lancaster, York
Many other communities can offer a strong business community or a safe place to raise a family. The town of Berks is prepared to offer