Child Abuse Essay, Research Paper Child Abuse Child Abuse is behavior by and adult that harms a child?s physical, mental, or emotional health and development. Some types of child abuse are neglect, and physical abuse. An example of neglect would be medical neglect. This is where the child does not get the proper medical attention needed.
Child Abuse Essay, Research Paper
Child Abuse is behavior by and adult that harms a child?s physical, mental, or emotional health and development. Some types of child abuse are neglect, and physical abuse. An example of neglect would be medical neglect. This is where the child does not get the proper medical attention needed. Some examples of physical abuse would be sexual and physiological.
The American Humane Society estimates that nearly 34 out of every 1,000 American children are abused in some way. Most children are too afraid to admit they have been abused; in fact, less than 20 percent of the cases reported were reported by the child being abused. The number one cause of child abuse is stress. The maltreatment or abuse of children can lead to death. Last year, estimated 1,196 child fatalities from maltreatment occurred. That would mean 3 children would die every day in the United States from abuse and neglect.
One of the most frequent and common conflicts is neglect. This conflict is most frequent in divorce cases and single parents. The cause of this conflict is because of the single parent is always at work or busy with their dating/social life.
Another conflict is the maltreatment due to substance-abusing parents. A study in 1999 found that children of substance-abusing parents were almost 3 times likelier to be abused and more than 4 times likelier to be neglected than children of parents who are not substance abusers.
Steps to Resolution:
1. Calm down, stop arguing, and take time to cool-off.
2. Describe the problem, be specific, get both sides of the story, and separate feelings from the facts.
3. Think of solutions. Write down every solution that you can think of.
4. Weigh every solution, think about possible results, and ask yourself:
~What will happen if we do this?
~Will we both get what we need?
~Who else might be affected by this choice?
5. Chose one solution and carry it out. Then ask if it has been working.
In a situation where a single parent has just come home from a long, stressful day at work. The child ask for some dinner, and starts to whine when the parent exclaims he doesn?t have any. The parent gets agitated and loses it:
1. The parent just needs to calm down and separate himself from the child until he is calmed.
2. The parent can explain to the child that he has had a long day at work and did not have time to pick up dinner on the way home. The child can express his feelings of hunger, and the fact that he needs something to eat for dinner.
3. They can both sit down, discuss/write down solutions to getting some dinner. Such as, calling for delivery pizza or fixing something quick at home.
4. They can weigh the two solutions, and think of the results and outcomes of each solution. They can ask themselves the three questions.
5. As they choose the best solution, they can ask themselves, ?Did I get my dinner??/?Did I provide dinner for my child??
Resolving conflicts in child abuse can be difficult when someone looses their temper, but other than that they are fairly easy to prevent and resolve.
Child Abuse Conflicts?
Each and every one of us as a moral responsibility and unfortunately, not enough of us take it.
|◯||Child Abuse Essay Research Paper Smacking and|
|◯||Child Abuse Essay Research Paper Official definitions|
|◯||The Affects Of Child Abuse Essay Research|
|◯||Child Abuse And Huck Finn Essay Research|
|◯||Child Abuse An Analysis And Review Essay|
|◯||Child Testimony In A Child Abuse Case|
|◯||Child Abuse Essay Research Paper PsychologyChild Abuse|
|◯||Child Abuse Essay Research Paper What is|
|◯||Child Abuse Essay Research Paper A child|
|◯||Verbal Communication Essay Research Paper Child AbuseWhat|