Tooth And Nail Book Report Essay, Research Paper
Tooth And Nail Book Report
Written By Charles Elster and Joseph Elliot
10 Facts About the book
1. The main character is a young women named, Caitlin Ciccone, who is a typical American, girl next door type of
little daddy??s girl. She departs for college as she enters the new world of life.
2.Caitlin is a very smart girl. She is the kind of student that every teacher would wish to have 20 in one class. She
gets straight A??s, high SAT score, editor of the school newspaper, 2nd in her class, and more.
3.Caitlin is going to a very prestigous college on a scholarship which is located in the Middle East. The school name
happens to be Holyfield College in the Middle East in Minnesota, home of the baseball team ??Twins.??
4. Caitlin??s first encounter with another student is also her cab driver from the airport, Annie. They talk and become
friends later on as Annie explains her expierence at Holyfield since she is a junior.
5. The college is full of 1900 people and how couldn??t you bump into someone else? I guess it would be hard.
Caitlin bumps into Phil McKnight who she quickly becomes friends with. Practically, best friends a little later.
6. This book is fiction and a mystery novel so how could you not have some supicious characters? Leo is the
despised and i guess the ??villain?? in this novel.
7. The 3rd main character is Carmen Torre. (Caitlin,Phil, Torre) She is called Torre even though her name is
Carmen and she is the rich one out of the three. She doesnt live in a dorm, but in a 3 bedroom cottage that is four blocks from
8. Caitlin gets attention from many people due to being the star reporter of the school newspaper, the ??Holyfield
Herald.?? This is the reason the mystery starts since she ask too many nosy questions.
9. Most of the book is like a ??Sherlock Holmes?? remake due to the specific and vivid details of evidence. Also,
because a lot of the book talks about the evidence they find and how they find them. When they do find anything they say
some catchy and wierd words like ??Eureka!, Bingo!, …..??
10. During this whole book a lot of the characters are pessimistic, while a couple can keep cool during some scary
situations such as being locked in a room. People like Billy and Phil are very optimistic which hold the group together.