Harry Potter: Prisoner Of Azkaban Essay, Research Paper
I. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
II. J. K. Rowling
III. A. fiction
A. Setting- a prestigious school for witchcraft by the name of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
1. The setting is important to the story because the school and its secret passages play an invariably large role in this story.
2. I?d say the author is mostly concerned with presenting exciting action and evoking a certain mood. Throughout the story there is never a time when you aren?t in suspense. There?s always something exciting happening and plenty of twists in the plot that make you wonder what?s going to happen next.
3. The story is told from the limited omniscient point of view; the author only tells us what Harry Potter is thinking, feels, sees, or hears. This is a very effective way of conveying this story because it helps to add to the suspense by not letting you know everything that is going on.
4. Aside from the whole wizard thing, Harry Potter is just your average thirteen-year-old boy who is struggling to meet the expectations of those around him. I think pretty much everyone I know, including me, can relate to Harry Potter in one way or another.
5. This story is a very optimistic story because whenever Harry gets himself into a bad situation, no matter how impossible it may seem he perceivers and believes in himself therefore he manages to make it through.
6. This book was entirely fictional so I wasn?t able to extract any real-life information out of it.
٭ Harry, who lives with his muggle (people not of wizarding ability) family, blows up his Aunt Marge and flees the house.
٭ He is taken to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry by a bus only seen and used by wizards.
٭ Here he learns that Serius Black, the convicted killer who aided in murdering Harry?s parents and countless others, has escaped from the Azkaban Prison. Harry soon also learns that Serius is believed to be tracking Harry down, but Harry doesn?t know why.
٭ At Hogwarts, the third year students, which is what Harry is, are now aloud into the village of Hogsmeade, a completely wizard village. But poor Harry isn?t aloud to go because his permission slip wasn?t signed.
٭ The teachers won?t allow Harry to go to Hogsmeade or anywhere else because Serius Black has been spotted in the school. But Harry finds a way out despite that.
In this story Harry nearly escapes death many times before he is faced with the man who killed his parents, Serius Black. Will Harry live to become a fourth year wizard at the school? Or will Black get the best of him?
8. Despite the fact that this book was meant for readers below my age, I enjoyed this book immensely. In fact, I have now read every Harry Potter book out. This book, like the others, is simply captivating. With this book being so cleverly written and it?s creative plot and intrusting characters, you can?t help but be sucked into it. You won?t be able to put this book down ? I couldn?t!
I would recommend this book to anyone who can read! After reading these books, I don?t think that there is one person who wouldn?t enjoy these enchanting stories. I think that this series of books will be sold for years and years to come and one day might possibly be considered classics.