Grant Hill Essay, Research Paper
Characters: Baby Boy Hill or Grant Hill, Grant’s mom Janet and his dad Calvin.
Place: Virginia, West Virginia, South Carolina and Detroit
Problem: The problem in Grant’s childhood was that he constantly moved from place to place because of his father’s football career. Another problem was he loved sports but he did not know which one. He first tried soccer and that did not work out.
Events leading to resolution
1. When Grant was about five months old, his doctor said he was growing so fast that he would soon be bowlegged unless his legs were broken and reset to straighten them. His mother being such a strong-willed women had Calvin and his friends call the general and refuse to let her baby go through so much pain.
2.Grant grew up and as he got older, he became interested in the sport of basketball. He played at the playground with his friends and soon was able to be on a team.
3. After playing on the AAU team, Grant entered South Lakes High School. He was looking forward to playing on the freshmen team with his boyhood friends.
4. Grant soon decided to try out for the varsity team. As a freshman he played power forward and was averaging 14 points and 7 rebounds per game. At a fourteen -and- under national tournament in Seattle Washington where he ranked most valuable player.
5. The Sea Hawks (Grant’s team) depended on Grant this last ten seconds. The captain of the team Jerome Scot said, “get the ball to Grant “. The team was very uncooperative and did not listen until there was one second left. Grant won the game for his team because of an alley-oop dunk.
6. Grant was voted player of the year, as the Sea Hawks (27-2) won their first northern region title.
7.Grant was accepted at University of Duke. In February of 1991, the month was closed out after beating Clemson 79-62. Their overall record stood 24-6.
After his four years at Duke, Grant moved on to a long career in the NBA with the Detroit pistons.
Reasons why I liked this book.
One reason I like this book is that Grant Hill had a very interesting life moving from place to place and team to team. Another reason why I liked this book was that Grant was always trying different things and followed through and worked harder and harder on the sport he liked best basketball.
Комментариев на модерации: 1.