Character Analysis Essay, Research Paper Character Analysis- Nurse Ratched 1. She came to life for me when McMurphy came to the hospital. She could automatically see what kind of trouble McMurphy was going to be for her.
Character Analysis Essay, Research Paper
Character Analysis- Nurse Ratched
1. She came to life for me when McMurphy came to the hospital. She could automatically see what kind of trouble McMurphy was going to be for her.
2. She is definitely a flat character. You only see the one side of her witch is a stern lady.
3. She is a static character. She never seems to change her ways.
4. The character never seems to change in any way from what I see.
5. She wants people to think she is rough and tough. I think that is where a lot of the drama comes from in this book. Also, from a comedy aspect. If she changed it would take a lot away from that. The story probably wouldn t be as funny or dramatic.
6. One of her biggest qualities is she is definitely a leader. She is big on women pride, and she won t take a lot of grief from anybody; no matter who they are.
7. She is very important to the story. One of the major conflicts throughout the story is between the nurse and McMurphy. Without her it would take a lot away. Almost the whole thing.
8. What makes this character major are that she is so strict. She doesn t want change. If there were change, she would be upset and try to get it back to the way it was.
9. I do like this character. If she weren t in the story it would be boring. She is very rude and stern, but without her there wouldn t be this feud between her and McMurphy.
10. McMurphy is the foil for this character. She really hadn t been challenged until he came. He brings out her personality better than any other patient.
11. Like I said earlier, McMurphy brings out her qualities to a 10. Everybody else, so to speak puts up with her, he doesn t. It s a challenge for McMurphy.
12. She rises far above stereotypical qualities for women. She takes nothing from men. She is definitely pro women.
13. People are very accurate about this character. She is a one-way person who doesn t change and that s just the way she is.
14. Through the whole story she never showed any emotion. At the end you could tell that she wanted to, but if she had showed emotion she would have let herself down.
Name: Nurse Ratched
Age: In her early 30 s
Physical description: Tall, blonde, nice looking, and somewhat muscular.
Citizenship/Ethnic Origin: White/Caucasian
Other Family Members: Not married, author doesn t say but I would say she has some family members somewhere.
Spouse or Lover: None
Friends: She has no friends. She is rude to everybody.
Social Class: Middle to high class.
Education: High education. Probably college.
Occupation: Head nurse.
Job-Related Skills: Neat, strict, rude, organized, and firm.
Political Beliefs: Doesn t say but would probably be a republican.
Hobbies: None. All she does is work.
Personal Qualities: Rude, cold-hearted, shows no emotion.
Ambitions: Keeping a neat and orderly ward. Striving for perfection.
Fears: She fears change more than anything.
Intelligence: Very high intelligence. Very smart.
Sense of Humor: None. No emotions at all.
Biggest Disappointment: Finally letting McMurphy get to her.
Best Experience: Whenever she got the best of McMurphy.
Health: She is in very good health. Clean and neat.
Tastes in food, clothing, etc: Likes classical music, her clothing is always neat and proper. It doesn t say what she likes to eat, but probably food that is healthy.
Attitude toward life: Very bland. Didn t like to experience or enjoy it. Something that McMurphy loved to do.
Attitude toward death: It doesn t say, but I bet she wouldn t be afraid of dieing. She might be afraid, but she wouldn t show it.
Philosophy of life: Be classy and graceful. Don t be an embarrassment.
|◯||Character Analysis Essay Research Paper Character AnalysisAnalyzing|
|◯||Character Analysis Polonius Essay Research Paper Character|
|◯||Hamlet Character Analysis Essay Research Paper Character|
|◯||The Assistant Character Analysis Essay Research Paper|
|◯||Beowulf Character Analysis Essay Research Paper Beowulf|
|◯||Character Analysis Of Phillip Essay Research Paper|
|◯||Staying Fat For Sarah Byrnes Character Analysis|
|◯||Character Analysis Of Macbeth Essay Research Paper|
|◯||Hamlet Soliloquy Analysis Essay Research Paper The|
|◯||GeneThe Character Analysis Essay Research Paper GeneThe|