Survey On Music Essay, Research Paper Survey On Music This is a survey being conducted for the purpose of knowing the musical aspects of high school students. Your name is not a factor in this survey since all results are simply tallied. As you complete this survey, keep an open mind and follow all directions.
Survey On Music Essay, Research Paper
Survey On Music
This is a survey being conducted for the purpose of knowing the musical aspects of high school students. Your name is not a factor in this survey since all results are simply tallied. As you complete this survey, keep an open mind and follow all directions. Responses to questions can be answered with a check mark in one of the designated boxes unless otherwise instructed in that section. The end-results of this survey as a whole will be released to the public as soon as possible. Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey.
MUSIC IN GENERAL
Of the following questions please answer by checking either yes or no. Yes No
1) Do you like listening to music in general?
2) Do you like music of today rather than the music from older times ?
3) Do you know of anyone whose career involves music ?
4) Do you play a musical instrument ?
5) Does anyone else you know of play a musical instrument ?
6) Can you read from a music book ?
7) Have you ever written a piece of music ?
8) Do you buy your music ?
9) If you buy music, do you only buy one type of music ?
10) Do you listen to local radio stations ?
11) Do you prefer radio stations rather than buying CDs or Cassettes ?
12) Do you or anyone in your household watch MTV ?
13) Or the BET (Black Entertainment Television) ?
14) Or VH1 ?
15) Do you keep up with all of the current events going on in the music world ?
16) Do you know of any local bands ?
17) Have you ever been to a live concert ?
18) Have you heard of composers Beethoven, Mozart, or any other greats ?
19) Do you enjoy their styles of music ?
20) Do you consider classical music to be ?real? music ?
21) Do you consider rap music to be ?real? music ?
22) Do you agree with your parent?s opinion about the music you listen to ?
23) In general, do you think some music can contribute to violence ?
24) Do you think rap music has contributed to some of today?s street violence ?
25) Do you think that music can make you violent under certain circumstances ?
26) Does your type of music reflect your personality ?
27) Does the way you dress express the type of music you listen to ?
LIKES AND DISLIKES
Place a check under the appropriate column for the types of music that you currently listen to.
Also, give a rating of that type of music from 1 to 5. 1 being low and 5 being high.
28) Rock & Roll
WHERE AND WHEN
Put a check in the box that best describes how often you listen to music during the activity.
35) In a car
36) Doing homework
37) On the job
38) On long trips
39) Exercising/Working out
40) Other: (_____________)
Put a check in the box that best describes when you listen to music.
41) In the morning
42) In the afternoon
43) In the evening
44) In the late night
Place a check in the box that tells how many different categories you currently listen to.
45) 0 0 (I don?t listen to music)
0 5+ (I listen to all kinds of music)
Place a check in the box that tells the total amount of music categories you ever liked.
46) 0 0 (I have never really liked any music)
0 5+ (I have liked all kinds of music)
THE MUSIC AWARDS
On the following questions, please answer with a check in the ?yes? or ?no? box and then circle your answer for the next question. Yes No
47) When the music awards are on TV, do you watch them?
48a) If your answer was ?yes?, is it because:
(1) you want to see your favorite singer or group win.
(2) you just like to watch them.
(3) both 1 and 2.
(1) or (2) or (3)
48b) If your answer was ?no?, is it because:
(1) you have no interest in music.
(2) you just don?t have the time to sit down and watch them.
(3) you really don?t care about the awards.
(1) or (2) or (3)
Circle the appropriate answer for the following questions.
49) Which of the following do you prefer to buy?
Compact Diskor Cassette Tape
50) How much would you be willing to spend on an average, full-length tape?
$7 to -$10 or $10 to -$12 or $12 or more
51) How much are you willing to spend on an average CD?
$10 to -$13 or $13 to -$16 or $16 or more
In the following list of stores, place a check in the box if you buy music from that store.
52) 0 Sam Goody
53) 0 Tape World
54) 0 The Wall
55) 0 Strawberries
56) 0 Lechmere
57) 0 From a music club (specify) __________________
58) 0 Others (specify) ________________________
For the following list of groups, place a check mark in the box that describes what you think of them.
Like them a lot They are OK Don?t like them No comment
59) Smashing Pumpkins
60) Nine Inch Nails
61) Jane?s Addiction
62) White Zombie
63) Gin Blossoms
64) Pearl Jam
65) Dr. Dre
66) Alanis Morissette
67) The Fugees
68) Foo Fighters
69) Tom Petty
70) Stone Temple Pilots
71) The Beach Boys
73) The Beetles
75) Snoop Doggy Dog
76) Alice In Chains
77) L. L. Cool J
78) Mariah Carey
79) 2 Pac
80) Beastie boys
81) Silver Chair
82) Vanilla Ice
83) The Cranberries
88) Boyz 2 Men
93) Counting Crows
94) Hootie and the Blowfish
95) Toni Braxton
97) Salt ?N Peppa
98) Warren G
Mike Kaplan and Jason Gaudette would like to thank you for taking our music survey and hope to get the survey results out to you as soon as possible.
|◯||Vietnam Survey Essay Research Paper Survey of|
|◯||Communication Research Essay Research Paper Question 2The|
|◯||Sexually Transmitted Disease A Survey Essay Research|
|◯||Pedatritions Essay Research Paper In Michael Rich|
|◯||Tree And Plant Life Survey Essay Research|
|◯||A Critical Survey Of Poe Essay Research|
|◯||Radio Station Survey Essay Research Paper IntroductionMusic|
|◯||The Effects Of Rap On Inner Cities|
|◯||Survey Of Romantic Versus Realism Paintings Essay|
|◯||How Internet Affects Your Health Essay Research|