New Essay, Research Paper How To Keep Your Car Running Like NEW + Automobiles are Americans 2nd biggest investment after real estate and how to keep your car running at top conditions becomes a very important knowledge everyone should know about.
New Essay, Research Paper
How To Keep Your Car Running Like NEW
+ Automobiles are Americans 2nd biggest investment after real estate and how to keep your car running at top conditions becomes a very important knowledge everyone should know about.
+ The major components of a car consist of engine, transmission, brakes, suspension, and tires.
+ Today I am going to teach you the audience how to change your motor oil
*Change spark plugs about once every 10,000 to 15,000 miles or roughly about a 12 months worth of driving. Gold plugs are fine but if you would like to get a little more performance out of your vehicles potential I recommend Platinum-tipped spark plugs.
*An oil change is recommended every 3,000 to 5,000 miles depending on your driving style and conditions. Your car is more likely to need an oil change at 3,000 miles if you live in a metropolitan area where you face stop-and-go traffic, polluted air, and very hot temperatures.
Oil change is very easy to do; you don t always have to go to Jiffy Lube or other instant oil change places to get it done. You can buy quarts of motor oil at almost any store and change them yourself. This way you can ensure the oils are of top quality and the job gets done right.
Things you will need—
-3-ton hydraulic jack, jack stands, wheel chocks, and a socket-wrench set, new oil filter, quarts of motor oil, oil filter wrench .
There are different types of oils, 10W30, 5W30, and 10W40 are the most common. 10W30 is the most versatile oil out of them all.
Begin by parking your car on a flat surface; make sure the car is in park position.
1. Pop open the hood and twist the oil cap open.
2. Put the wheel chocks against the rear wheels. This is done to make sure the car does not roll backward when you lift up the car.
3. Bring the jack to the front of the car. Look for an area underneath the car where you can find solid support. The area is shown on most car manuals.
4. Jack the car up about a foot to a foot and a half. Use the jack stands and put them on both sides of the car. ** This is a very important procedure; in case the jack fails (unlikely but can happen) you have something to hold up the car.
5. Look under the car to find your oil reservoir, use the socket wrench to remove the nut. Before you do this, you should have an oil pan ready to keep the dirty oil. After you unscrew the nut, you should see a stream of motor oil draining out of the oil tank. Allow this process to occur for 5-10 minutes and make sure the oil is going into the oil pan. This is the most annoying part of the entire procedure because sometimes things can get messy. Also look for the oil filter and twist in open. We are going to replace it with a new one in our next step.
6. Check in after 10 minutes, if you don t see anymore oil dripping out, screw the nut back in tightly and also screw on the new oil filter. Using a little bit of motor oil on the rubber gasket will ensure a tight fit.
7. You are now almost done; make sure you have pulled everything out of the bottom of the car. Now release the jack and let the car slowly come down to the surface. Open the oil cap and pour in the quarts of motor oil into the oil tank. The amount is specified in the owner s manual. Close the oil cap and proceed to start your car. Shut the car off; check the oil level with the dipstick. If the level meets the full line, re-insert the dipstick, close the hood, and you are done!!!
8. This process seems complicated but it should not take anyone over ten minutes to do. It s easy to do and you can make sure you are getting high quality oil, not some recycled oil other places uses. You should notice that the car now drives smoother; you should also notice a better acceleration. Saving money should not be the only reason; the sense of accomplishment is what I enjoy the most.
9. Since oil change is one of the most important and easiest to do, I recommend everyone to give it try. Your engine will thank you by providing years and years of driving enjoyment.
10. On a side note, although today s car manufacturers market their cars by saying the cars will run 100,000 miles before their 1st tune-up, changing the spark plugs once a year is recommended.
If anyone is interested in other fields of simple car maintenance, I will be more than happy to give you instructions. I can also teach you how to drive a manual transmission car and tune-ups. I hope this presentation has been helpful and I encourage everyone to give it a try. Thank you!
|◯||Running Essay Research Paper RUNNING Running is|
|◯||The Art Of Running Essay Research Paper|
|◯||Running In The Past Essay Research Paper|
|◯||Running Wild Essay Research Paper Running WildGabe|
|◯||Affects Of Running On Your Health Essay|
|◯||The Skill Of Running A State Essay|
|◯||Microsoft Essay Research Paper By running the|
|◯||Presidency 2 Essay Research Paper There are|
|◯||Surplus California Is Running A Deficit Essay|
|◯||Cancer Essay Research Paper Running head CANCERCancerLots|