Squalene Syndrome Essay, Research Paper During Operation Desert Shield Desert Storm service-members received a series of two shots. They were told to protect them from anthrax. These inoculations were never recorded in their medical records. They were even told by the medical staff that these shots were experimental and non-FDA approved.
Squalene Syndrome Essay, Research Paper
During Operation Desert Shield Desert Storm service-members received a series of two shots. They were told to protect them from anthrax. These inoculations were never recorded in their medical records. They were even told by the medical staff that these shots were experimental and non-FDA approved. For several years now the government have been trying to explain or cover-up the truth of The Gulf War Syndrome .
The inoculations that veterans received for anthrax are linked with the symptoms of The Gulf War Syndrome . This past April I was reading an article in the Seattle Times. Our representative the Honorable Mr. Jack Metcalf was reported on releasing information that showed that service-members received some shots. Since this article I wrote a letter to Mr. Metcalf, and pursued to investigate this further for my own personal interest.
These inoculations were used with an experimental adjuvant without the FDA approval. An adjuvant is an ingredient that enhances or modifies the action or effectiveness of a medical treatment. All inoculations and medication contains an adjuvant. The adjuvant normally used is aluminum based or alum-based. According to the article these shots contain an experimental adjuvant called squalene. Squalene is a fatty substance found in minute amount within the human liver. This type of adjuvant is experimental and is used to speed up the immune system.
The government had a couple of motive for using squalene adjuvant on its veterans. Through reconnaissance and espionage our intelligence discovered that the Iraqi s had an arsenal of anthrax. From Iraq s war with Iran it was concluded that if possible they would deploy this weapon. Prior to this time there were no requirement for being inoculated for anthrax. In order to be successfully inoculated with an alum-based serum would require a series of three shots over a six-month period. Obviously this did not fit the time frame of the crisis. Using squalene adjuvant serum we could receive two shots within one week. The government and civilian medical staffs for years have been interested in the use of squalene for use with HIV, and other Immune related diseases. But they could not obtain clearance from the FDA for experimentation.
There are two classifications of people and nations during the Gulf War. The Gulf War Syndrome has not been reported as a symptom to nations who did not inoculate its troops against anthrax. These nations are the Iraqi s, Saudi Arabians, Egyptians, French, Israelis, and Italians. The following nations did inoculate its troops against anthrax and all have reported symptoms of the mysterious Gulf War Syndrome. These nations are the Americans, Great Britains, Canadians, and Czechoslovakians. Also as far as the American troops who were stationed in the United States, Egypt, Japan, and other overseas duty bases. The only thing they have in common with Desert Storm troops is the shots.
The government has made several attempts to cover up the use of squalene as an adjuvant. These shots were never recorded in our medical records, and yet I know personally that we received them. Through the testimonies of several medics and corpsmen, the boxes documentation, and syringes were burned. Alternative excuses for the Gulf War Syndromes have been given: The inadvertent release of nerve gas in Northern Iraq. The storage and handling of ammunition with Uranium depleted tips. The burning oil fields in Kuwait as a cause. To which one has to ask What about our troops who never was near Iraq or the region?
Gulf War Syndrome affects the immune system of the individual. Some individuals have since been diagnosed with Lupus, which from one physician is very rare for a male to contract this disease. Yet there have been several Gulf Vets now diagnosed with this illness. Others have contracted disease of various organs to include the liver (Hepatitis B).
· www.insightmag.com, by Paul M. Rodriguez, Published in Washington, D.C., Vol. 13, No. 40 Nov.3, 1997, Gulf War Mystery and HIV
· www.insightmag.com, by Paul M. Rodriguez, Published in Washington, D.C., Vol. 13, No. 33 Sept. 8, 1997, The Gulf War Mystery
· www.insightmag.com, by Paul M. Rodriguez, Published in Washington, D.C., Vol. 13, No. 31 Aug. 25, 1997, Sickness and Secrecy
· www.insightmag.com, by Paul M. Rodriguez, Published in Washington, D.C., Vol. 15, No. 14 April, 19, 1999, Breakthrough on Gulf War Illness
· www.insightmag.com, by Paul M. Rodriguez, Published in Washington, D.C., Vol. 15, No. 15 April, 26, 199, GAO Calls for Squalene Tests
· www.seattletimes.com, by Laura Myers The Associated Press, National/World News: Friday, April 16, 1999, Researchers find no link between depleted uranium, Gulf War Syndrome
· www.seattletimes.com, by Emma Ross The Associated Press, National/World News: Friday, January, 15, 1999, Study: Illness more prevalent in Gulf Vets
· www.seattletimes.com, by David Brown The Washington Post, National/World News: Wednesday, September 16, 1998, Study: Soldiers not in Gulf War have syndrome
· www.seattletimes.com, by John Hanchette, Gannett News Service, National/World News: Saturday, April 10, 1999, Vaccine additive cited in Gulf War illness
· US News, by Richard J. Newman with Mike Tharp and Timothy M. Ito, November 25, 1996, Gulf war mysteries
· US News, by Bruce B. Auster, February 23, 1998, Fact s and Suspicion about Iraq s arsenal
|◯||Down Syndrome 3 Essay Research Paper Down|
|◯||Down Syndrome Essay Research Paper Down SyndromeDown|
|◯||Down Syndrome Essay Research Paper Down SyndromePeople|
|◯||Down Syndrome Essay Research Paper Down Syndrome|
|◯||Down Syndrome Essay Research Paper Down Syndrome1|
|◯||Turners Syndrome Essay Research Paper Kalene SzymczakJanuary|
|◯||Operation Barbarossa Essay Research Paper Operation Barbarossa|
|◯||Downs Syndrome Essay Research Paper IntroductionIn the|
|◯||Klinefelter Syndrome Essay Research Paper Klinefelter syndrome|
|◯||Apert Syndrome Essay Research Paper Apert Syndrome|