Creative Thinking Essay, Research Paper 12 STEPS TO CREATIVE THINKING by James Lund Do you ever get thinker’s block? You have to come up with a great idea for a project, buy the perfect gift, write a sermon, develop a solution to an on-going problem – and nothing comes to mind? Your frustration at not having a ready response can inhibit any further creative thinking.
Creative Thinking Essay, Research Paper
12 STEPS TO CREATIVE THINKING
by James Lund
Do you ever get thinker’s block? You have to come up with a great idea for a project, buy the perfect gift, write a sermon, develop a solution to an on-going problem – and nothing comes to mind? Your frustration at not having a ready response can inhibit any further creative thinking. Don’t despair – try one or more of these ideas:
· 1- Right away, write it down. Record your ideas as soon as you think of them. Keep paper and pen handy at all times – in your car, by your television, on your nightstand.
· 2- Listen to music. Listen to whatever sparks your imagination, whether it’s Bach, the Beatles, or something you’ve never heard before.
· 3- Exercise. Go for a run, shoot some hoops, do jumping jacks – anything that starts your blood pumping and keeps your mind sharp.
· 4- Brainstorm with a friend, co-worker, or 6-year-old. Talk with someone who looks at the world differently than you do. Chances are he or she will inspire a new approach.
· 5- Do it poorly. If you’re a perfectionist, don’t be. Create something that isn’t necessarily your best work, but that gets the job done. Then go back to fix it or redo it.
· 6- Watch people. Go downtown or to the mall, sit on a bench, and observe the passersby, imagining what kind of life they lead.
· 7- Keep a journal. Write about your life and what’s important to you, then revisit your old thoughts when you need new ideas.
· 8- Pray or read the Bible. Putting life into spiritual perspective can take the pressure off needing an immediate solution and can jump-start the creative juices.
· 9- Free-write. Sit down at the computer or with a pen and paper and write whatever comes into your mind. You might be surprised at what comes out.
· 10- Change your locale. Find a new quiet place – a park, the beach, a library, or just a different room – and let your mind wander.
· 11 Wash the dishes or mow the lawn. It’s easy and it gives you a feeling of accomplishment while you’re trying to think.
· 12- Sleep on it. If nothing is working, your best bet may be to give up for now. Let your subconscious create overnight and you’ll have fresh ideas tomorrow.
|◯||Critical Thinking Essay Research Paper CRITICAL THINKINGThe|
|◯||Creative Writing Essay Research Paper Creative writingA|
|◯||Creative Writing XMen Essay Research Paper Creative|
|◯||Thinking Values And Essay Essay Research Paper|
|◯||Creative Managment Essay Research Paper Creative Management|
|◯||Creative Story Positraction Essay Research Paper Creative|
|◯||Creative Writing Essay Research Paper Creative WritingMy|
|◯||Creative Story Intellegence Essay Research Paper Creative|
|◯||THINKING AS A HOBBY Essay Research Paper|
|◯||Collective Thinking Essay Research Paper Let us|