– Earl Of Oxford Essay, Research Paper Edward DeVere – Earl of Oxford 1. Was DeVere an aristocrat or a writer? Writing was not a “proper” this for a gentleman/ aristocrat to do. No courtiers were allowed to write poetry. Because of this
– Earl Of Oxford Essay, Research Paper
Edward DeVere – Earl of Oxford
1. Was DeVere an aristocrat or a writer? Writing was not a “proper” this for a
gentleman/ aristocrat to do. No courtiers were allowed to write poetry. Because of this
rule supposedly many men decided upon a pen name however, running against this rule
most aristocrats did publish work throwing out oxfords need for a pen name. Therefore
if DeVere did write the famous Shakespearean works the author would be known as
DeVere rather than Shakespeare.
2. When did DeVere die? DeVere died in 1604 before the first staging of many of the
Shakespearean plays such as; King Lear, MacBeth, Anthony and Cleopatra, Timon of
Athens, Coriolanus, Pericles, Cymbeiline, The Winters Tale, The Tempest, and Henry
VIII. Bacon however died in 1626 leaving 22 years for more works to be published and
staged in his lifetime.
3. Why would someone be given the credit as the writer of only “associated” with
writers and theater companies? DeVere was only associated as knowing people in the
theater rather than being known to be involved with the production and writing of them.
4. When the Shakespeare Clinic tested the poetry of Shakespeare against the works
of others how well did DeVere’s match? not only did none of the works match but
DeVere’s was the farthest off.
5. How do you explain the 2 works that were ordered by King James in tribute to
DeVere and his widow after their deaths? Eight “Shakespeare” plays were ordered
after DeVere death in 1604. Nine years later 14 plays were ordered for DeVere’s
1. What was Isaac’s profession? He was French classical scholar & theologian (known
to be one of the best of his time).
2. What was Isaac’s schooling? Until he was 19 he was educated by his father,
afterward he was sent to the Academy of Geneva, in 1581 he became a professor of
Greek there until 1596. From 1596- 1599 he taught at the University of Montpellier.
3. What was Isaac’s relationship with Bacon? He was a close friend of Bacon’s and
proof read at least one of his works.
|◯||Edward L Bernays Essay Research Paper Edward|
|◯||The Reign Of Edward VI Essay Research|
|◯||Edward De Vere Essay Research Paper Edward|
|◯||Robert Edward Lee Essay Research Paper Robert|
|◯||Capital Punishment Edward Earl Johnson Essay Research|
|◯||Edward Gein Essay Research Paper All through|
|◯||Sir Edward Coke Essay Research Paper Sir|
|◯||Edward Vii And Saki Essay Research Paper|