Types Of Chemical Rxn Essay, Research Paper Purpose: Observe chemical reactions and ID reactants and products of the reactions. Classify the reactions and write balanced Equations.
Types Of Chemical Rxn Essay, Research Paper
Purpose: Observe chemical reactions and ID reactants and products of the reactions.
Classify the reactions and write balanced Equations.
Theoretical Background: A chemical reaction is a what happens to components that
causes a physical change.
Hypothesis: You can determine a chemical rxn by the physical change that takes place.
(A) Equipment: Burner, wood splints, crucible tongs, microspatula, test tubes 7,
test tube holder, test tube rack, sandpaper, evaporating dish, safety goggles,
lab apron or coat.
(B) Material: Zn, Cu, Mg, CuCO3, HCl, CuSO4, Zn(C2H3O2)2, Na3PO4,Na2SO3.
1. Use Sandpaper to clean the Cu.
2. Hold the Cu with the crucible tongs in the hotest part of the flame for about 2 minutes.
Note the change in the Cu.
3. Put an evaporating dish near the base of the burner, and with crucible tongs put a
piece of Mg in the flame and do not look at the flame.
4. Place 2 heaping microspatulas of CuCO3 in a test tube. note appearance.
5. Put test tube over the flame for 3 minutes and CO2 will now be present.
6. Put HCl and Zn in a test tube. Note changes.
7. Hold a test tube over the test tube with the HCl and the Zn. After thirty seconds put a
burning wood splint in the test tube, a pop will indicate the presence of hydrogen gas.
8. Add about 5ml of CuSO4 in a clean new test tube. Put a piece of Zn in the solution .
Note appearance of solution before and after Zn is in the tube.
9. Add 2ml of (Zn(C2H3O2)2) to a new test tube. Then add about 2ml of Na2PO3 to the
test tube. Observe Changes.
10. Add about 5ml of Na2SO3 to a new test tube. Then add about 1ml of 6 M HCl. Smell,
but not directly.
On step two the copper turned black when in the flame. After the Mg would flared in the
fire, the Mg turned to ashes. The CuCO3 was a white powder, and after it was in the
flame CO2 was present and the CuCO3 turned black. the Zn and HCl started to bubble
and their was a pop indicating Hydrogen gas. The Zinc turned black and the clear CuSO4
became green. The (Zn(C2H3O2)2), and the Na2PO3 became mirky white. In closing I
could not Smell the Na2SO3, and the HCl.
Their were many Chemical Rxn in this lab and are stated in the observations.
The Paper given during the class.
|◯||Chemical Warfare Essay Research Paper Chemical Warfare10|
|◯||Chemical Warfare Essay Research Paper Chemical weapons|
|◯||Chemical Engineer Essay Research Paper Chemical EngineerThe|
|◯||Chemical Warfare Essay Research Paper Chemical WarfareBy|
|◯||The Chemical Engineer Essay Research Paper What|
|◯||Chemical Warfare Essay Research Paper Chemical warfare|
|◯||Chemical Bonding Essay Research Paper Chemical bonds|
|◯||Chemical Engineering Essay Research Paper Chemical EngineeringScopeChemical|
|◯||Chemical Weapson Essay Research Paper Title Chemical|
|◯||Chemical Castration Essay Research Paper CHEMICAL CASTRATIONThe|